Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT MAKES DIAROCARE™ SO UNIQUE?
- DiaroCare™ contains a balanced dose of electrolytes to reduce the risk of dehydration due to diarrhoea. The 2 in 1 formulation requires less fluid intake, reducing the risk of vomiting with administration.
WHAT IS THE DOSAGE AND HOW DO I USE IT?
- Infants 1 – 12 months: 1 sachet immediately. ½ sachet every 4-6 hours. (Maximum 2 sachets in 24 hours).
- Children 1 – 4 years: 1 sachet immediately, ½ sachet every 4-6 hours. (Maximum 3 sachets in 24 hours).
- Children 5 – 12 years: 1 sachet immediately, 1 sachet every 4-6 hours. (Maximum 4 sachets in 24 hours)
- Adults & Children 12 years + : 2 sachets immediately, 1 sachet every 4-6 hours. (Maximum of 6 sachets in 24 hours).
Note: For infants & babies contents can be dissolved with baby formula or breastmilk.
If vomiting occurs within 15 minutes after taking DiaroCare™, another dosage can be taken.
WHAT IS DIOSMECTITE?
- Diosmectite is a pharmaceutical clay with a high absorption strength indicated in the treatment of acute diarrhoea in both children and adults.
HOW DOES DEHYDRATION OCCUR?
- Dehydration occurs when you use or lose more fluid than you take in, and your body doesn’t have enough water and other fluids to carry out its normal functions. If you don’t replace lost fluids, you will get dehydrated.
WHY DO YOU NEED ELECTROLYTES?
Everyone needs electrolytes to survive. Many automatic processes in the body rely on a small electric current to function, and electrolytes provide this charge.
Electrolyte imbalance symptoms:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Twitching and muscle spasms
- Changes in blood pressure
- Excessive tiredness
- Bone disorders
- Nervous system disorders
The 2 in 1 formulation requires less fluid intake, reducing the risk of vomiting with administration.
Get it today!
DiaroCare™ is available from all leading pharmacies without a prescription. However, if your pharmacy does not stock DiaroCare™, ask your pharmacist to order for you at no extra charge.
Click here to find a pharmacy closest to you.
You could also shop from the comfort of your home or office online for delivery to your door: