Frequently Asked Questions
WILL THIS HELP FOR ASTHMA?
- Although Lungshield is not a cure for asthma, studies have shown that the ingredients contained in Lungshield can reduce oxidative stress which is one of the main causes of asthma flare ups. (Note: These are capsules not an asthma pump). Lungshield can assist by reducing oxidative stress and inflammation during asthmatic flare ups. Studies have shown that the ingredients contained in Lungshield may reduce the severity and frequency of asthmatic flare ups if taken continuously.
HOW DOES THIS HELP ATHLETES?
- Lungshield can assist athletes during training by reducing oxidative stress which is caused by harmful free radicals. During training you inhale more free radicals and pollutants that at a resting rate and therefore your lungs encounter oxidative stress, which not only reduces the amount of oxygen circulated in your body it also protects your lungs against damage which is often caused by oxidative stress. Oxygen production and distribution is essential for sustained energy during training.
WILL THIS HELP FOR COVID 19?
- Lungshield cannot cure Covid 19. What Lungshield does do is it protects your lungs against free radicals which damage the lungs.
CAN I USE THIS IF I HAVE DIABETES, BLOOD PRESSURE OR A KIDNEY DISEASE?
- If you have an existing condition relating to diabetes, blood pressure or a kidney disorder we recommend that you use Lungshield under supervision of your healthcare provider.
HOW DO I USE THIS?
- Take one capsule a day after a meal or snack with at least 200ml of water. Do not exceed recommended dosage. For optimum results you must take Lunsghield on a daily basis.
WILL THIS HELP WITH EMPHYSEMA?
- Lungshield cannot cure emphysema. Studies have however shown that the ingredients contained in Lungsield can improve symptoms associated with emphysema such as shortness of breath and infections. Lungshield contains ingredients which can reduce oxidative stress in the lungs and improve lung function in damaged lungs.
WILL THIS HELP FOR IPF/ IDIOPATHIC PULMONARY FIBROSIS?
- Lungshield cannot cure IPF as it cannot reverse scarring on the lungs. It can however assist in reducing oxidative stress which many believe is the cause of IPF. It may then enhance oxygen intake and production.
WILL THIS HELP WITH SHORTNESS OF BREATH / TIRED?
- Shortness of breath is often a sign of a respiratory infection or lung damage, if the condition is serious you should consult your healthcare professional. Lungshield can assist in the treatment of respiratory infections by reducing the amount of oxidative stress in the lungs and reducing inflammation caused by harmful free radicals or pollutants.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE EFFECTS?
- Lungshield has no reported side-effects.
- Make sure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients contained in Lungshield.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Make sure to read the package insert included in the box.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRODUCTS?
- Lungshield Immune + is an all new immune support supplement developed by the makers of Lungshield Caps and Lungshield Syrup for Kids. Lungshield Immune + is an immune boosting supplement suitable for the whole family, not just those who suffer from lung conditions. Children between the age of 4 and above and adults (see dosage directions).
- Lungshield Capsules are for adults and children above the age of 12 who suffer from lung conditions such as Asthma, Smoker's Lungs, COPD or other respiratory infections.
- Lungshield Syrup for Kids was developed to assist toddlers and younger children between the age of 2 and 12 in the management of Asthma and Respiratory Infections - and also acts as an immune support formula that can be used all year round.
- If you are already taking Lungshield Capsules you can take Lungshield Immune + for additional support. Lungshield Syrup for Kids and Lungshield Immune + should not be combined.
WILL IT HELP FOR SILICOSIS?
- Lungshield may provide assistance for relief from symptoms of Silicosis. The reason for this is that the largest study to date identifies oxidative stress to be the main cause for Silicosis. Lungshield contains ingredients which have shown to counter oxidative stress, reduce inflammation and opens up the airways. Note that Lugshield does not cure or prevent Silicosis.
HOW DOES IT HELP FOR SMOKERS LUNGS / SMOKER?
- Lungshield is recommended for smokers or ex-smokers.
- Lungshield Capsules were designed to reduce oxidative stress in the lungs and to protect your lungs from harmful free radicals.
- When you smoke your lungs encounter oxidative stress and inflammation as a result of the pollutant (in this case cigarette smoke) being inhaled.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- Lungshield helps to reduce the oxidative stress in the lungs caused by breathing in smoke, fuel emissions, chemicals, toxins and other free radicals that cause inflammation. Oxidative stress, according to studies, is believed to play an essential role in the development of respiratory infections as well as some more serious conditions such as heart failure and cancer.
- Similarly with asthma, COPD and other respiratory infections, Lungshield helps to manage oxidative stress which causes inflammation and infections.
- Smoker's lungs
- Pollution exposure
- Respiratory tract infections