- Methyl Salicylate is an organic ester naturally produced by many species of plants. Esterases in the skin rapidly hydrolyze Methyl Salicylate esters to the active Salicylic acid in both the epidermis and dermis. Salicylic acid has analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects.
- When applied topically Methyl Salicylate can provide pain relief for those suffering from rheumatic conditions and painful muscles and/or joints.
PYNGON ROLL-ON APLICATOR
- The roll-on applicator helps maximise absorption of Methyl Salicylate through the epidermis of the skin, where hydrolyzing of Salicylate to it's active form of Salicylic acid takes place.
- By using the roll-on applicator the patient maximises the delivery of Methyl Salicylate to the affected area, this means no Methyl Salicylate is absorbed to areas, like the hands or fingers, that don't need it.
- The roll-on applicator can also be used to massage affected muscles